A microcosm of my life:
I cooked spaghetti today. First there was the crumbled Italian sausage which was fully cooked in the crock pot for more than an hour. I was informed that the sausage could not possibly be cooked after a cursory inspection by my mother and after the sauce was added and had been simmering for 3 hours. Then I said the sauce needed to be uncovered to evaporate some of the water I had added. Somehow, it was determined that my assessment was invalid and that the sauce appeared to be just fine. Upon her sampling, my mother informs me that the sauce is somewhat thin. At this point, I really don't care any more, and I just need to eat. As it turns out, I think it is some of the best spaghetti I have had in a while, nothing is wrong with the sauce, and I am certain that I am not losing my mind. It baffles me that people have to make comments just for the sake of making comments. The world will continue to turn regardless of anyone's approval.
No comments:
Post a Comment